Wednesday 31 May 2023

I could have been hanged

IN 1992, along with five others, I was convicted of conspiracy to import and conspiracy to supply cannabis, despite lack of evidence or witnesses. Whilst serving my time (which you can read about in my book "Time For Cannabis"), I met several dozen other people serving time for similar offences - from one to twelve years.

Had we been in Singapore, Indonesia, China, Malaysia or any one of several other countries, we would almost certainly have been HUNG BY THE NECK UNTIL DEAD.
 
Unbelievably such barbaric punishment continues, for a plant that benefits so many and potentially so many more people as well as the planet itself if used to replace polluting fuels, plastics and addictive and poisonous drugs.
 
THIS MUST BE STOPPED.

1 comment:

  1. The Gallows Pole, for our fellow herbalists, just a plant that therapeutically beneficial to so many people.
    I'm joining Alun is his please to help these unjust executions from Singapore, may we plant the seeds of compassion, by helping them, with just a signature and share, I beg you to do this.

    ReplyDelete