Friday 28 October 2022

Scottish Power is Appauling

 Scottish Power - Avoid them - I use Octopus without problem.

I have heard so many people saying Scottish Power are demanding unreasonable amounts,or  false billing, setting up direct debits without authority, faulty meters.  Personally I left them several years ago and they tried to bill me for hundreds of pounds even thugh I had a pre-payment meter, but must say after I left they sent me a cheque for money they had overcharged me due to a faulty meter two years prevuously and never told me about.



1 comment:

  1. In December 2020 I discovered my meter was faulty . I had three visits organised by Scottish power through the pandemic to fix the meter. They failed to fix/replace and then after a few weeks they advised me that they had ceased all faulty meter appointments which was incorrect advice.
    By December 2021 I’d cancelled my direct debits and I’d been dealing with the ombudsman to resolve the issue. We had debt collection agencies badgering us daily. In march 2022 we were awarded compensation and for the bill to be recalculated, it showed we were owed money and this was refunded by Scottish power.
    In July , they started harassing us again saying we owed the balance of the money off the faulty meter and in September they attempted to withdraw £185 without our permission. It’s now back with the ombudsman services outcome to be decided, we’ve been told Scottish power have to Obote by the rules.

    ReplyDelete