Sunday 5 June 2022

You Never Walk Alone

There was a time that I walked the shore and spoke with my beloved every day. Now I walk alone and when I talk receive no answer. I look back and see only my own footprints in the sand. Now few days seem easy.

Then, one day, I met a man who asked why I looked so sorrowful. I told him that I was sad because I was alone, my beloved had gone and no longer spoke with me.

The man said that he had ben watching me walking the beach every day and I had never been alone.

“Some days” he said, “when it was easy it was because your beloved was carrying you. On the days that seemed harder it was because you were doing the a carrying. There was only one set of prints but for sure you have never been alone.”

“But why when I speak do I get no answer?” I asked.

“Because your beloved has accepted peace in exchange for avow of silence,” he said.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment