Wednesday 9 August 2023

Old competition for new cleaning product, 1975.

 Old competition for new cleaning product, 1975.

When they made a new cleaning product they held a competition amongst the factory workers to find a new name and slogan. Several submitted ideas.

One man was called to the office to give his suggestion.

He said "Sir, I think we should call it Bugger"

"Well," said his boss, "I am not sure Mrs Smith shopping on the high street would go for a name like that! Why call it Bugger?"

Man replied: "It stands for Best Universal Grit Grime and Effluent Remover".

"Well," said the boss "very good but I still don't think it's acceptable."

"Shame, said the man, "I even came up with a great slogan."


"So what is it?"


"I thought we could say, If Daz won't whiten it and Omo won't brighten it, Bugger it!"

He did not win the competition but they ended up just calling it the "Finest Universal Cleanser Known."



No comments:

Post a Comment