Thursday 9 June 2011

I would far rather that young boys took part in boxing than smoke cannabis, for example - David Davies MP

quote from David Davies MP: "I would far rather that young boys took part in boxing than smoke cannabis, for example. It is much better to channel aggression into a controlled sport like boxing than to let it go underground. That would be in nobody’s interest.”

Tory MP under fire in row over boxing at school
Western Mail, June 9



my comment sent to readers@mediawales.co.uk

Sirs,

Monmouth MP David Davies has been criticised for his comments about boxing in schools ("Tory MP under fire in row over boxing at school", 9 June)

One thing that Mr Davies said that struck me with some punch: "“I would far rather that young boys took part in boxing than smoke cannabis, for example. It is much better to channel aggression into a controlled sport like boxing than to let it go underground. That would be in nobody’s interest.”

It seems to me that would apply to cannabis as much as boxing - to put / leave either outside the law would be utter nonsense and a disaster - the present law against cannabis proves that.

Alun Buffry
Norwich

No comments:

Post a Comment