Friday 2 December 2022

How to get people to like you - or at least how to think people do like you!

It is hard to like a person if you think they don't like you and it is hard to smile at them. And they have the same problem.

It's actually easier to smile at somebody that you may not like or care about. Lot's of people do that, from politicians to actors, doormen to shop assistants, even complete strangers.

It's also hard to start liking somebody that one just doesn't like or to make somebody to start liking you.

Now remember that much of our lives, our attitudes, feelings and opinions, are actually controlled much by our subconscious minds and that are subconscious minds are like blackboards or computers, incapable of distinguishing what is good or true from what is not. They just record stuff and that can be based to a large extent on what we hear, what we are told and on repetition. Remember the hundred lines in school. Repeat something often enough and people may start believing it. Media and politicians do that. Also just because one likes a person does not mean that the person is honest - all conmen try to be likeable and believable otherwise their scams won't work. 

So what is the solution? We can see the problem, easy, two people just don't like each other and that is not easy to change.

But to change what we think, may be easier!

We have to change what is written on the blackboard and no, we don't need to write a hundred lines although that may even help! We need to change what our subconscious mind is whispering to us.

What if we THOUGHT a person likes us even if they don't? And that does not mean trusting them, liking them or falling to their scams. It just makes it easier to smile at them and that may make it easier to make them think you like them and maybe even easier for them to like you and smile back. Two people smiling at each other must surely be better than two people scowling at each other!

So how do we change what is written on the blackboard? We overwrite it through repetition.

It is important to do that by making positive statements out loud and I stress out load (I don't mean shouting). Even if those repetitions are not actually true. We speak as if they are.

For example, try this: out loud, say "I am glad ...... like me" (use their name or image)

Say that three times.

Do that three times a day, once just before going to sleep.

Believe me it works!


And it works on many things. Your subconscious mind will start believing that they actually like you!

It even works on other aspects of life. "I am glad I eat less" - "I am glad I go for a walk after lunch every day" - "I am glad I am good at getting jobs" - "I am glad I am good at exams" - "I am glad I can remember people's names"

I have seen that work for people and I have seen it work for me - I am of course now good at all of that!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment