Saturday 24 December 2022

Christmas strikes strike down the joy for many

 

This may not be a very popular post but really, postal workers striking on Dec 24th, trains striking over Christmas? 

Surely the people that will suffer from this are the people, not the bosses, not the shareholders, not the government, not the millionaires. 

Make no mistake I do believe these poorer workers and especially nurses, ambulance drivers etc, should get a better salary, I do agree that MP's awarding themselves continuing bonuses and expenses is atrocious, that energy companies and others are making unreasonable profits by charging outrageous fees which we seem to be able to do nothing about – my own gas bill is three times that of last year, I notice how the price of many essentials even in my local Coop shop have increased ridiculously n the last few days, even locally produced eggs - which I attribute to greed not events in Ukraine or simply Brexit - but could not these strikes be held when they hit less hard the people at this time of year who want to see their love ones? 

So the people may have to wait until after Christmas to get their cards, the children may have to wait to get their gifts, people may not be able to travel by train to see their families - and I have to say that I think that a shame. 

Somebody said to me "the Government will not listen and will not act, what else can they do?" My own answer is to strike at other times, times when it would hit businesses and the economy and not the general public that have no say. 

I expect a few will disagree with me but hey, just remember neither you nor I really have any say in all this, and that is the problem.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment